LICENSES THAT YOUR RESTUARANT CAN’T DO WITHOUT
We are listing Licenses that are required to start a Restaurant in India, which cannot be ignored.Obtaining which will ensure that your restaurant operates legitimately.
1.FSSAI:Food Safety and Standards Authority License
The FSSAI license, also known as the Food License is one of the most important licenses required to open a restaurant and is obtained from the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority Of India).
Documents Required for the FSSAI License
- Id Proof and Address Proof
- Valid Email Id
- Phone Number
- Declaration Of Food Safety Management Plan
- Kitchen Layout Plan
- List Of Food Category
- Water Testing Report from ISI approved Facility
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the owner or the partner
- Medical Certificates of Employees
How to Obtain the FSSAI License for Your Restaurant
Once you have these documents in place, you can apply for the license which would approximately cost you around Rs.2000 per year for a new license.
If your restaurant serves liquor, then procuring the Liquor License is a must. This can be obtained from the Local Excise Commissioner and the forms are available at the respective State Government websites.
Documents Required for the Liquor License
Here’s the list of documents required for getting the Liquor License for a restaurant and bar.
- Documentary proof regarding the legal status of the restaurant or the hotel, that is, whether it is a company, partnership firm or any other type of setup.
- Whether the restaurant or the hotel is in legal possession of the plot.
- A certificate that validates the completion of the restaurant or the hotel building
- Trade License from the Local authority, that is, MCD/NDMC or such other authorities
- Certificate of registration of Eating house license issued by the DCP.
- Documentary proof regarding applicant being an Income Tax Assesse and Sales Tax-Assesse.
- A complete layout plan of the establishment, site plan of the license outlets and the liquor stores
- NOC from the state Fire Service
This license is generated by the local civil authorities like the State’s Municipal Corporation or the Health Department.
Documents Required for the Health/Trade License
- Sanction and Completion (Includes Ownership proof, Rent Agreement or NOC from landlord)
- Indemnity bond for Rs.100
- Structural Stability Certificate signed by Structural Engineer
- Power and Water paid Bill
- Sewer Connection Proof
- Letter from Delhi police is also required for swimming pools, cinema halls and hotels
- Water Testing Reports
- Plan of the Premises
- Medical Certificates of Employees
- Proof of Property Tax
- Lal Dora Certificate, if applicable
- Medical Fitness Certificate of Workers
4.Eating House License
The Eating House License is provided by the Licensing Police Commissioner of that city where you would want to open the outlet. The approximate cost required to issue this license is Rs. 300 for three years.
Documents Required for the Eating House License
Here’s a list of documents that are needed to get the Eating House License for restaurants.
- Documents to prove the legal occupancy of the place of Eating House and in the case of tenancy, NOC from the landlord
- Site Plan containing details of the size of Eating House
- Photographs of the place showing its usage as an Eating House
- Photocopy of Valid NDMC/MCD/DCB/Airport Authority of India trade license and free receipt.
- Residence proof of the applicant
- An affidavit on the stamp paper of Rs 10 duly attested by Notary Public
- Fire NOC, if seating capacity of the eating house is 50 or more
- Undertaken with regard to amusement activities
- Undertaking regarding the installations of CCTV Cameras with 30 days recording facility
5.Shop and Establishment Act
To run a food business in India you must register your restaurant under the Shops and Establishment Act, be it a Food Truck or a Fine Dine restaurant. You need to register your restaurant within 30 days of the commencement of your business. This license is city specific.
Documents Required for the Shop and Establishment Act License
- Pan Card
- Identity Proof
- Address proof of the proprietor, partner or the company
- Details of the employees
GST that came into force since 1st of July, 2017 and required for taxes collection on sales. Documents Required for the GST Registration of Your Restaurant.
For the proof of Ownership/Tenancy rights of the business premises
- Allotment and possession letter from Authority / Transfer Memorandum
- Copy of Registered lease deed.
For Rent Agreement and Electricity Bill of the owner of property
- Copy of Pan Card of Proprietor/Partnership Firm.
- Copy of the Partnership Deed
- Copy of Aadhar Card of Proprietor/all partners
- 1 passport size-photo of proprietor/all partner.
- Mail ID and Mobile No. to receive OTP & Verification links of all partners
- Latest Bank Statement containing Name, Address and IFSC Code of Branch of Bank.
- List of Item to be traded ( if you want to sell stuff over the counter also)
- List of Item to be traded/manufactured
- Digital Signatures of authorized partners
- Authority Letter in favor of dealing partner
Under the Copyright Act of 1957, those who play pre-recorded music in any non-private, commercial or non- commercial establishments must obtain a music license issued by Phonographic Performance Limited(PPL).
8.Certificate of Environmental Clearance
The restaurant is not only responsible for ensuring the health of the customers, they are also legally and morally bound to ensure that its operations must not negatively harm the nature of the mother earth. Hence, restaurants are also expected to apply for Certificate Of Environmental Clearance.
You can obtain this license from local civil authorities like the Municipal corporations.??These are the licenses required to open a restaurant in India, these are the papers that will legally permit you to carry on with your restaurant business without getting involved in the legal hindrances. Follow this guide, visit the pages and apply for the licenses if you haven’t yet already!